What do the greatest investors of the 20th century Ben Graham, Warren Buffett, John Neff, David Dreman have in common? They are all value investors. What makes value investing so profitable? It’s the triumph of reason and long-term thinking over emotion and short-term impulses. “Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.” A wise man, Warren Buffet, once said this an this philosophy bodes down to any investor. The key to investing is to buying best of breed companies. With this mindset you will never go wrong. Build on your own principles of investing and implement new ones until you have a solid set of rules. The following links will portray some of our rules and philosophies on investing.
Investing or Trading in the Stock Market can be the quickest way to acquriing true wealth and positioning yourself for retirement. However, Time is the True Value of money and investing is a long process. As a result it is critical to start as soon as possible. I have set up a guide to get you started:
How to Invest
1. Investing – Addresses the basic questions of investing and why it is so important to do so.
2. Rules of Investing – Lists some important rules that need to be followed when investing.
3. Fundamentals of Investing: Qualitative Factors – Addresses the Fundamental qualitative factors of Investing.
4. Fundamental Analysis: Financial Statements – Shows you how to analyze financial statements and whats important to look at.
5. Technical Analysis: Basics – Gives you a basic overview on technical analysis of stocks and companies.
6. Books to Read on Investing – Gives a list of top books to read to improve your investing skills.