Becoming a success investor is not rocket science but it does take some intelligence along with setting out a plan of action. Below are Five of Stocks on Wall Street’s Rules to Becoming a Successful Investor:
1. Invest without emotions. Use your head not your heart. Emotions get in the way of logic, make a plan that will let you be accountable and disciplined. Don’t get overcomplicated with your plan either. It can be a simple trading strategy with simple rules. Like Warren Buffet always has said, “you don’t need to be a genius to make good money investing.”
2. Don’t set your expectations too high, be realistic. Don’t expect to make $1,000 off a $2,500 investment in six months time. While it is always doable, don’t count on it. Set realistic expectations and then be happy when you exceed them.
3. Don’t think a trade is always going to recover; sometimes it’s the smarter move to take a small loss now instead of taking a large loss later.
4. Don’t always think a good company is going to make you good money. You make money from the company’s performance. Sometimes good companies will struggle and the stock can go down whereas sometimes-bad companies stocks will soar.
5. End of day do your own research and be comfortable with the trade before you make it. Don’t make a trade solely on what someone else says, do your own analysis and if you agree with their investment idea then be confident and make the trade.
We are always hear to help you with any of your investment questions or needs. Two programs we now offer are Free Portfolio Reviews where we will overlook your investments, let you know what we think about each position, inform you on whether or not you have a balanced portfolio, & give you a detailed report on our findings.
Also if you don’t invest at all we do comprehensive Free Brokerage Account Setup’s where we will get you setup with the right brokerage account that fits your personal financial needs along with giving you an investment plan to help you reach financial freedom.